Friday, June 19, 2009

Rock Star!

The Train has developed a fascination with guitars. I think it all began when he came to a worship rehearsal with me one Wednesday evening. Daddy and I had miscommunicated, and I had to take the kids to practice w/ me, and he was to pick them up after his gig was finished. Well, his gig lasted a bit longer than expected, so the Train was on the stage w/ me on the verge of a meltdown. Our worship minister was wonderful, and pretended to totally "Rock out" making him laugh and keeping him happy. Luckily, Daddy came soon, and he got to go home to his bed.
Since that night, however, he has been completely taken with the guitar. A couple of weeks ago, the kids were at a friend's house, while Mommy and Daddy went on a date. When we went to pick him up, he had a guitar strapped around his neck. Apparently he had it strapped on for the entire 2 hours we were gone. A few days later--he was at another friend's house, and he had their Guitar Hero guitar strapped on for the entire play visit. We ended up taking it home to avoid further meltdown city.
Although, he is just starting to talk, "Guitar" is a word he says frequently--"G-TAW" Very cute.
Anyway, thought I'd share a little footage of him at work!

What cracks me up the most is how he knows how to strap on the guitar by himself. His brother and sister had fun pretending they were all a rock band.

0 comments: