Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring break, what's a kid to do!






It's funny, it seems like today life keeps us so busy that a few unplanned days seem a bit scary. At least they do to me. When the words "Spring Break" were uttered, I found myself trying to plan every minute of our week, especially since hubby was to be gone on a short term mission trip. The weekend kept us pretty busy with church activities, and when Monday rolled around, I found myself scheduling out the entire day. I was sure that in order to keep sanity, we needed lots and lots of things to do, places to go, and people to see. I had the list made, the time schedule charted, and I was ready to get the day rolling!!



A funny thing happened, though-- the kids saw the bright sun shining outside, and they decided to make their own day of fun. They played outside in our backyard--which is not quite spectacular, and they had so much fun making up games and just getting dirty! Apparently, I forgot how much fun good old fashioned dirt could be!
I had fun watching them and listening to them. They taught me a very valuable lesson--I threw the schedule in the trash and enjoyed the outdoors with them!

0 comments: